"It's titanium, you idiot!!"

Author Topic: "It's titanium, you idiot!!"  (Read 7083 times)

Offline Tiarticle

• Volledig forum lid
  • wri-ti-ng
"It's titanium, you idiot!!"
« on: 21 July 2017, 09:05:22 »
Pretty harsh words. Said by Yellowjacket to Ant Man in the latest Marvel-Disney movie, Ant Man. But that hasn't stopped the movie from being the highest grossing movie in the US two weekends in a row. The movie is a lot of fun but for me, I took notice of that above statement with great interest.

I must admit that most of the movies and tv shows I like, tend to be science-fiction based or things with aliens, or, kung fu movies. Preferably science fiction moves that have aliens actually doing kung fu. But I also tend to notice the scientific inaccuracies where people mention titanium as a superior-wonder material (in a way it sort of is, but equally, people need not fear it) and then have myself a huge guffaw. Herein is a SPOILER so you might want to wait till you watch the movie to read the rest of this!

Ant Man and his nemesis Yellowjacket have the power to shrink to the size of an ant (and everyone knows that ants are really strong, able to carry 50 times their own weight). Ant Man can use his power to go really small and then back to regular human size in the blink of an eye, meaning he can deliver a punch to someone's stomach that honestly REALLY HURTS. However when he tried and failed to penetrate Yellowjacket's metallic helmet, so as to deliver a punch to the head, his enemy declared with glee, "It's titanium, you IDIOT!"

Ant Man must make himself so small that he can penetrate the titanium helmet and take out Yellowjacket on an atomic scale! "I must go sub-atomic to go between the molecules!". Ummm, yeah, mixing up your particles of matter there, nice! To find out if he succeeds, you will have to watch the movie and find out. Although I will say that in the books, Ant Man was actually one of the Avengers. I guess he wasn't in the first two Avengers movies because they had to utilize the heavy hitters (pun intended) like Hulk, Iron Man, Captain American and Thor, first of all. Ant Man being rather a small (ahem!) character in the books, no less fun.

"It's titanium, you IDIOT!"  Loving this statement. Hopefully I can actually use it on someone soon.

Writing: Eliana Fu
Have you found an article about Ti? Please send me pm!